Thursday, 11 February 2016

Phillip Island National Park

This morning I left Geelong and drove to Phillip Island.
The island is famous for its Penguin Parade (which I will visit tomorrow), a large seal colony and a grand Prix circuit.
As I wasn't able to get a ticket for the parade today, I will do that tomorrow evening. So I will spend two days here.

As it was already late, i today did only the Cape Woolamai trails, which is a 3 hour hike around a national park. There were some scenic points worth quite a picture.

And I finally met my first Kangaroo in the park.

Update: Thanks to Ryan I now know, that these were not Kangaroos, but Wannebees, no..  Wallabys. They are quite similar, but are smaller and have different faces..

So tomorrow I will go surfing for the whole day before I go to the parade.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joeman,
    i really enjoy reading about your trip, surfing adventure and kangaroos. How about temparatures in New Zealand? We just got about 4°C / 39°F here in good old Germany.
    Best regards
    Jan W

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janneck! Das kann ich überbieten..😁
    Hier sind es zur Zeit 27 Grad, aber morgen soll es wohl abkühlen.
    Sonnigen Gruß nach Oberhausen...

    ReplyDelete